These reports display the percentage of sole proprietorships in each industry that report positive net income, and the proportion of revenue reported by profitable firms. Because owner compensation is most concentrated and reported as net profit in sole proprietorships, this category provides the most useful profit risk indicator.
This Net Profit Risk measure is good information for those considering a startup operation in a specific industry, but the Net Profit Risk metrics presented at BizStats are not the same as a failure rate, which measures the percentage of businesses that actually fail over a specified time period.
Begin your Sole Proprietorship Profitability-Risk report search here:
- Apparel Manufacturing
- Beverage and Tobacco Product Manufacturing
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing
- Electrical Equipment, Appliance, and Component Manufacturing
- Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing
- Food Manufacturing
- Furniture and Related Product Manufacturing
- Leather and Allied Product Manufacturing
- Machinery Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Manufacturing
- Nonmetallic Mineral Product Manufacturing
- Paper Manufacturing
- Petroleum and Coal Products Manufacturing
- Plastics and Rubber Products Manufacturing
- Primary Metal Manufacturing
- Printing and Related Support Activities
- Textile Mills
- Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Wood Product Manufacturing
If you need more detailed industries, a longer time series or deeper statistical analysis, Bizminer Micro Firm Profit & Loss Profiles report on more than 6,000 lines of business in a variety of sales class versions.